News and Announcements
Travel Advisory: Beginning Monday, Jan. 29 and continuing through most of the week, Lennar Homes and the Stonegate Metro District will be performing sanitary sewer line work that will result in the closure of a number of travel lanes and turn lanes near the intersection of Jordan Road and Lincoln Avenue.
• Jordan Road (southbound): The largest impact will occur on this roadway section, as the roadway will be realigned down to a single lane between just north of Lincoln Avenue all the way to south of Village Center Drive.
• Jordan Road (northbound): The left-hand turn lane from northbound Jordan Road onto Village Center Drive will not be available for the duration of this project. Please note that entry to the area shopping center and daycare near the southwest corner of Lincoln and Jordan will not be available from northbound Jordan.
• Lincoln Avenue (westbound): In addition to the Jordan Road closures, the left-hand turn lanes on Lincoln Avenue onto southbound Jordan Road will be reduced to just one lane.
These closures are expected to result in travel delays, especially to southbound Jordan Road. Alternate routes are advised.
Notice Concerning HB23-1105
Notice Concerning HB23-1105: Homeowners’ Association and Metropolitan District Homeowners’ Rights Task Forces Pursuant to House Bill 23-1105, signed into law on May 24, 2023, a Metropolitan District Task Force is to be appointed by November 1, 2023, to examine issues regarding homeowners’ rights and to perform other duties as noted in the new law. A summary of the Bill and link to the signed Act are available at https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb23-1105. Each Metropolitan District in Colorado created to finance infrastructure to support a housing subdivision is required to notify its residents about the task force.
South Pool 2023 Registration
Make sure to apply for your Pool ID before the start of 2023 Pool Season!
Stonegate Park News
All Stonegate Village Metropolitan District parks are open from 6am to 10pm. To report a rules violation, please call the District office number at 303-858-9909, or the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at 303-660-7500.
No hammocking in Stonegate Village Metropolitan parks or open spaces.
Effective immediately Stonegate Village Metropolitan District will restrict the use of any type of attachment to the park trees, including hammocks. The hammock straps over time, wear away the bark. The layer underneath the bark helps bring water from the roots up to the tree. When that gets damaged, the tree dies. Stonegate considers trees to be an invaluable asset, which is why the district has put in place a no hammocking policy dedicated to protecting our trees.
Stonegate Village Fence Replacement Updates
As we wrap up Phase 1 of the project, the District successfully installed and stained over 35,856 lineal feet of beautifully crafted cedar fencing as of March 2023. The fence is replaced at the rate of 500+ linear feet per week (as weather allows). This project continues as planned throughout 2023.
As many already know, in an effort to preserve the appearance of our Stonegate community and keep property values at their highest, the SVMDs Board of Directors voted unanimously to replace the District Fencing (Common Area /Open Space Only) 6’ and 4’ privacy fences. The new fencing is of "like-kind".
Definition of Fencing to Be Replaced – Fencing that abuts District Property/Open Space
This project is estimated to take place over a period of three years and began in the Spring of 2021. The fence contractor has walked the property and has prepared the plan for the most efficient and effective way to minimize disturbances to our homeowners. Cooperation by all of us will help to produce a final product that we should all be proud of and one that enhances the esthetic value of our community.
Like Us and Follow Us:
Please Like Us on Facebook: Stonegate Village Metropolitan District and Follow Us on Instagram: SVMDStonegate; for the latest photos and news in the community.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Stonegate Village Metropolitan District (SVMD) is a governmental entity that was formed per Title 32 of the Colorado Revised State Statutes to perform specific services for the residents and businesses located within the District boundaries. The Stonegate Village Metropolitan District is responsible for a number of important operations and maintenance services for the District, which include:
- Water and Wastewater Services
- Recreational Facilities
- Maintenance of Open Space & Public Landscapes
MORE ABOUT THE DISTRICT
The Stonegate Village Metropolitan District manages and oversees the 24-hour operations of the many utilities, infrastructure, and services; which includes water and wastewater resources, recreational facilities, open space areas, public landscapes, and drainage-way maintenance. These District services are maintained and operated by funds received either through property taxes or fees, and are used for the operation, maintenance, and long-term replacement of District facilities, resources and infrastructure.
The District also supports a variety of special projects and programs that directly enhance and improve the community. Below outlines a partial list of the current and ongoing improvement, maintenance, and service projects the District is currently working on for the community:
- Community development planning
- District business expansion
- Water plant facilities upgrades
- Water quality and inspection program
- Water well management program
- Wastewater facility construction project
- WISE Water agreement and project
- Water rates study and evaluation
- Renewable water program
- Rueter Hess Reservoir planning
- Fire hydrant maintenance & flush project
- Street signage improvement project
- Fence repair and replacement project
- Flood and standing water management
- Newlin Gulch maintenance & upgrades
- Landscape master planning
- Open space & park improvement projects
- Walkway improvements & upgrades
- Turf mowing and flowerbed management
- Spring tree trimming program
- Tree and shrub replacement program
- Swimming pool facilities upgrades
- Community Center facility improvements
- Tennis court upgrades & improvements
- Gazebo and rec area improvements
- Snow removal operations
If you have any questions about the District
services, projects and programs, you are
encouraged to contact the District Manager at
303-858-9909, or by mail at
10252 Stonegate Parkway, Parker, CO 80134.