this is a 





What is a Metro District? 

A Metro District is a governmental entity with limited powers. The Metro District is established under title 32 of the Colorado State Statute as a political subdivision of the State of Colorado. It is a limited power governmental entity because it has only the powers outlined in its service plan. The board members governing a metro district are elected by the district’s residents and property owners. (Read Stonegate Village’s Service Plan.)


What is a mill levy?

A mill levy is the tax rate that is applied to the assessed value of a property. One mill is one dollar per $1,000 dollars of assessed value.



The actual value of Mr. Brown’s home is $300,000. The Notice of Valuation shows the current assessment percentage is 7.96 percent.


Actual Value x Assessment Percentage = Assessed Value$ 300,000 x 7.96% = $ 23,880


To determine the property tax, multiply the assessed value times the decimal equivalent of the total mill levy. A mill is equal to 1/1000 of a dollar. A tax rate is the mill levy expressed as a percentage. Thus 98.42 mills = 9.842 percent or .09842 as the decimal equivalent.


If Mr. Brown’s assessed value is $23,880, his taxes will be:Assessed Value x Mill Levy = Taxes$ 23,880 x .09842 = $ 2,350.27




What does the District do with the mills (property tax) it collects?

The mill levy you pay on your property tax bill goes primarily to pay off the debt that built the water and wastewater system.  A small portion of it also goes to operations of the parks, open space and recreation within the District.

My mill levy is high, what does the District do with this money?  The mill levy you pay on your property tax bill goes primarily to pay off the debt that was acquired to build the water and sanitary sewer system.  A small portion of it goes to operations of the District.


Who decides on our water rates?

The District Board determines the water and wastewater rates based on an analysis of the required revenue and expenses of the District.  The rates are based on providing revenue to equal the operation, maintenance and capital improvement costs.


Can I have any input to the Board?

Yes, you can provide input to the Board either by using the “contact us” on this website, or writing a letter to the Board. Please know you are always welcome to attend any of our Board meetings. Should you desire to speak directly to the Board, it is important to let us know before the meeting starts.


Why does the District water open space when residents are not permitted to water their lawns? 

The majority of the open space in Stonegate is irrigated with treated effluent water (nonpotable water).  Because of the size of the open space (100 acres) it is not water efficient to irrigate the entire area in one night.  However, consistent with the need to conserve, the District’s irrigation system is controlled by a weather station and ET Controller for the purpose of providing the turf with proper amount of water.


Who do I call when I see a broken sprinkler in the parks or open space? 

Please call the District office at 303-858-9909; tell them that you need to report a broken sprinkler.













The District has no permanent staff, but instead receives it’s services through contractual employees.  This reduces the costs to the taxpayers for benefits and overhead expenses.  The District is managed by Community Resource Services of Colorado (CRS), and they can be reached at 303-858-9909.

Download our Privacy Policy

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
supporting your



Private Life Coaching

Seminars & Workshops


I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy.

Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content

and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. changes to the font. It’s easy.